Our goal as a Real Estate Broker is to match buyers and sellers, locating real property and or organizing the sale of real property dependent upon our client’s needs. We accomplish this goal by doing the following:
- Listing the property "For Sale" to the public, often on a Multiple Listing Service, in addition to many other methods.
- When appropriate, the employment of our online bidding and live webcast.
- Based on the law in several states, providing the seller with a real property condition disclosure form and other forms that may be needed.
- Preparing necessary marketing articles describing the property for advertising, pamphlets, open houses, etc.
- Generally placing a "For Sale" sign on the property indicating how to contact the real estate office and agent.
- Advertising the property. Advertising is often the biggest outside expense in listing a property.
- In some cases, holding an Open House to show the property.
- Being a contact person available to answer any questions about the property and to schedule showing appointments.
- Ensuring buyers are prescreened so that they are financially qualified to buy the property; the more highly financially qualified the buyer is, the more likely the closing will succeed.
- Negotiating price on behalf of the sellers. The seller's agent acts as a fiduciary for the seller. This may involve preparing a standard real estate purchase and sale contract by filling in the blanks in the contract form.
- Occasionally, we are engaged to maintain an escrow account until the closing. In many states, the closing is the meeting between the buyer and seller where the property is transferred and the title is conveyed by a deed.
*This information was obtained from sources deemed reliable. However, no warranties or representation, express or implied is made as to the accuracy of the information contained herein.